January-June 2024: Hardware Automation Engineering Intern (Undergraduate)
Category | Research & Development Job Type | Intern (Fixed Term) Full-Time/Part-Time | Full time Remote | No
IntroductionAt iRobot, our mission is to empower people to do more by building the world’s most thoughtful robotics and intelligent home innovations. By interning with the Automation team, you will have hand in improving the efficiency in how we manufacture, test, and qualify our new and existing products. While collaborating with Program, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, and Systems teams, you will grow interdisciplinary engineering skillsets that will help you excel into a dynamic engineering career.
As a part of our Automation team, you will work under the guidance of a mentor who is experienced in your pursued degree to plan, design, develop and support automation projects (hardware and software).
Our team is looking for undergraduate students to work full-time (40hrs; M-F) at our Bedford, MA office from January through June. Students must be within a commutable distance to the Bedford, MA office.
Because Automation requires interdisciplinary engineering, what you do is dependent on where you want to grow!
- CAD, PCB & control panel design support for fixture development and modifications
- Manage requirements for complex electromechanical systems with a significant software component
- Test and evaluate fixtures hardware for reliability
- Document and manufacture build process of fixtures
- Participate in various phases of our product development process
- Collect, interpret, and document data collection
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field with at least 2 years of coursework completed.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours); Monday through Friday in our Bedford, MA office from January to June.
- Demonstrated experience working with electromechanical systems or automation hardware
- Experience with or desire to learn various programming languages (C, C++, C#, Python, ROS2)
- Experience working with or desire to learn multiple OS (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Passionate life-long learner who is self-driven and brings their learnings outside of work and school through personal projects (Arduino Project, Raspberry Pi Projects, 3D Modelling and Printing, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable exploring work tasks, seeking answers, and working independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills track record including excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Well-rounded knowledge set in electrical, mechanical, and software engineering
- IT background with an understanding of IP networking
- Knowledge of computer vision, SLAM, kinematics, and path-planning algorithms
United States, New Bedford, United States, Remote Full time January-June 2024: Digital eCommerce Operations Intern (Undergraduate) Full time
Bedford, United States Full time IT Service Ops Technician Full time
United States, Hamburg, Germany, Las Rozas de Madrid, Spain, London, United Kingdom, Zwolle, Netherlands, Remote Full time Principal Robotics Engineer Full time
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs recently.