Senior Test Engineer
Category | Research & Development Job Type | Regular Full-Time/Part-Time | Full time Remote | No
IntroductionThe Senior Test Engineer will work with China Engineering, Operations and Reliability groups. The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage execution of product validation tests necessary for ensuring product quality meet customer expectations. They will coordinate execution of all new product and reliability testing being performed by the Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and by iRobot China engineering. They will ensure that all test data created is accurate and timely. They will ensure that testing is consistent between all locations and data collection equipment is in good working order, that regular maintenance is performed. They will be responsible for workers’ training in test execution as well as monitoring their performance to ensure that all findings are reported accurately. This role is responsible for summarizing and categorizing all data and reporting findings to the Test Manager as well as for escalation of any issues.
This role is specifically targeted at test execution in support of new, or updated, products and consistency of reliability testing, not production line testing. The Test engineer has to possess sufficient technical depth to develop, document, and execute testing as well as manage testing being performed by workers. This role also work with system test team in United States for system level test, verify product performance and reliability at new product development stage and/or product change qualification.
- Interface with design, reliability and manufacturing engineers in the United States and China.
- Manage installation of execution of tests performed by OEM’s and major component suppliers (including life test) ensuring proper execution and high accuracy of the resulting data.
- Analyze test data and interpret results and communicate both data and interpretation of the results to the test engineering group.
- Identify high value failures discovered during testing.
- Lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities.
- Document test methods, procedures, and test reports.
- Establish processes and procedures which will, once in place, ensure that test setup and equipment is in good working order.
- Perform hands on testing of prototypes.
- BS in engineering.
- 3-8 years testing electro-mechanical systems including both embedded and application software.
- Adept at documenting, summarizing, and presenting complex test data in an informative and easily understood manner.
- Experience in test development for consumer electronics/appliances.
- Reliability data analysis and failure analysis.
- Proficient verbal and written communicator in both English and Mandarin.
- Willingness to travel to other locations in the APAC region, as well as other global locations.