Sr. Regional Accounting Specialist
Category | Finance Job Type | Contractor Full-Time/Part-Time | Full time Remote | No
IntroductionThe Pan-European AR Specialist will be part of the Accounting team located in London with exposure to the regional accounting organization in Lyon, France, Madrid, Spain, and Hamburg, Germany. He/she will be part of a high-performing team and will be expected to take ownership of his/her areas of responsibility and ensure accurate and timely completion of company reporting requirements.
Essential Job Functions/Main duties include (but are not limited to):
- In charge of daily Accounts Receivable transactional activities:
- KYC (Know Your Customers) - Build up a strong knowledge of the customer base, and of customers’ specifics (Terms & Conditions, payment behavior, deduction process, disputes, contacts, platform…)
- Print invoices and credit memos and send them to customers on a timely manner
- Acquire knowledge of iRobot current AR processes (accounting vs. operations, manual vs system generated)
- Book customers’ receipts on their accounts in Oracle, seek for remittance details if not received yet.
- Apply payments as per customers’ remittance advice and in a timely manner, identify deductions taken by the customers and follow-up on these deductions (AP/AR netting, credit memos to be issued, adjustments) as per regional team’s guidelines.
- Maintain customer account current.
- Prepare account statements. Alternatively, request statement of account from customers when needed and work with customers to resolve issues or discrepancies
- Maintain collections notes in Oracle
- Summarize weekly deductions via a management dashboard, to be developed, showing open deductions by customer and type within each remittance-, with emphasis on “unauthorized” payment deductions, amounts rebilled and repaid, open balance with steps to collect/clear
- Working with Cash Application accounts receivable positions to collect and research all customer deductions daily, including visiting each customer vendor site for deduction details, providing backup detail for each account receivable offset-either a credit memo or a debit memo, balance the net payment to agree with customer remittance
- Track all deductions from the customer account, match with credits from appropriate accrual general ledger accounts to ensure deduction is clear or dispute as necessary; coordinate with the regional accounting team
- Present all chargebacks to the customers with supporting documentation and issue a debit memo to customer accounts receivable accounts for each chargeback, with a copy to the Salesperson
- Manage claims submission for unauthorized deductions or disputes via customer portals and policies.
- Make recommendations for corrective actions to prevent similar claims arising from the same customer(s)
- Review all vendor agreements for compliance requirements relating to disputes, chargebacks, vendor agreement updates; track contract renewal dates and propose updates based on the type and cost of deductions taken by each customer
- Previous experience with Retail Customer deductions or returns required
- Must have hands on experience in Customer returns, payment deductions and deductions management.
- Past experience partnering with Senior Finance, Sales, Accounting and Logistics leaders.
- Must be able to work on an interdepartmental basis to collect data, manage deductions reporting, research customer returns, dispute unauthorized customer deductions, shortage claims and compliance charges from customer remittances.
- Experience in a shared service center is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills, good judgment and a strong work ethic
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication skills with internal / external customers a must
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Slack, Zoom
- Excellent command of French (written and spoken), Spanish or Dutch a plus.
- Work Location: London, UK